Shoplight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No you would need a t5 fixture to run t5 size bulbs they are a different diameter and wouldn't fit. If you want to use t5 high output bulbs or t5ho you would need a t5ho fixture.

Your Shop Lighting

Hello, was just curious if this shop light 48" Shoplight | Walmart.ca could run t5s ? i have one of these right now running dual t8s on my 55, its growing swords and anubias but figured more light couldnt hurt if i could throw t5s in.

Hello Matty...

T8s or T12s are best for the shop light fixture. I don't believe the T5 bulb will fit and though the light coming from it is more intense than the others, it has a very narrow area that it lights. I use shop lights in my tanks and find the 32 watt T8s to work about as well as the 40 watt T12s. These will be less expensive than the T5.

B

Hello Matty...

T8s or T12s are best for the shop light fixture. I don't believe the T5 bulb will fit and though the light coming from it is more intense than the others, it has a very narrow area that it lights. I use shop lights in my tanks and find the 32 watt T8s to work about as well as the 40 watt T12s. These will be less expensive than the T5.

B

yeah i have a two daylight t8s in the shoplight i have right now, would you recommend a second shoplight?

for all purposes of this thread, i want to grow amazon swords, anubias, moss (someone please recommend something) and other low light plants (someone name some ;))

Low Light Plants

for all purposes of this thread, i want to grow amazon swords, anubias, moss (someone please recommend something) and other low light plants (someone name some ;))

Hello again Matty...

One two-bulb fixture is plenty for low light plants. As long as your tank isn't the very tall kind, your plants will be fine. If you don't have a reasonable number of fish in the tank, then I'd suggest dosing a liquid like Seachem's Comprehensive for the plants that don't get planted in the bottom material and some root tabs for those that need to be planted.

B

Hello again Matty...

One two-bulb fixture is plenty for low light plants. As long as your tank isn't the very tall kind, your plants will be fine. If you don't have a reasonable number of fish in the tank, then I'd suggest dosing a liquid like Seachem's Comprehensive for the plants that don't get planted in the bottom material and some root tabs for those that need to be planted.

B

it's a standard 55, any plants your recommend? im going to make some root tabs like mebbid

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom