Short grass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for some short grasses. Rather stout would be great!

What's your tank setup? What are you trying to achieve? There's a spectrum of plant's that fit the bill depending on these questions.

Dwarf Sag (sagittaria subulata) is a personal favorite of mine.

29gal with 5 barbs, 2 platties, and 2 mollies. I'm looking for a grassy look. But i don't want tall grass.

It's much harder IMO to get a grass like carpet when using large sized gravel. I'd try what Aqua Chem suggested.

I have a newly planted tank with EcoComplete substrate. What would be a good small, short grass that wouldn't completely cover the bottom of the tank? Thanks!

image-861250704.jpg

Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread :)

I would use the Crypt Parva if that's what you wanting to do as the others will send out runner and spread. But they are easy to keep under control as you'd just have to pull out the runners/plants you don't want.

I would use the Crypt Parva if that's what you wanting to do as the others will send out runner and spread. But they are easy to keep under control as you'd just have to pull out the runners/plants you don't want.

Thanks, I'll look into it

I think I'll get some of that too rather than my chain swords. I just cannot prevent the older leaves from turning brown.

Wow, Rivercats-your tank is unbelievable. I don't think I could ever achieve something as beautiful as that.

Thanks, the 220 is always a work in progress and I need to get some new pic's up as it's changed a lot.

image-2726991485.jpg

What's the foreground grass plants in this tank? I really like the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom