Show me your low tech tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bram

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody,
I want to change my tank but I don't have much inspiration.
So show me your low tech tank so I can get some ideas.
Sorry if my English isn't that good, that's because I'm from the Netherlands

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really like your tank! Maybe a large rock, cave, or drift wood piece would look good. Even a background would hide your cables

Here is mineImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400724305.943285.jpg

Sorry I had to take it on an angel bc it catches the glare from my window.

I would add a medium sized piece of driftwood. Here's mine ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400727215.348318.jpg

Low tech shrimp tank. Other than root pellets once a month (only if I remember) I do nothing but water changes and the occasional vacuum. Crypt leaves die off when they get old and dissolve on their own within a day or two.
vGXg1aJ.jpg

They al look very nice, here's mine. I want to change this to a shrimp tank, what really neccesary to add.
What i have now is:
1 african shrimp (don't remember it's name), no fish because they unfortunatelly all died on a disease
2 anubias nana
1 crypt
Some moss, also don't know wich moss it is
1 echinodorus
1 peace of driftwood

Attachments

• 1400734368981.jpg
    1400734368981.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 166
Low tech 6g rimless. Lighting is with Finnex Fugeray-R. Painted Fire Red shrimp.

Here are some pics:

ibbeU6Q2p0cnAn.JPG

iLdyRIV9m2T7g.JPG

iEfLO9jPZnaA0.jpg

Berried female! :) :dance:

ibchnFep7zb9VK.JPG

Won't the shrimp climb out of the tank if you don' t have a lid?

Since this pic was taken I have moved it up to high tech but at this point it was still a low tech medium light tank.

WKqbyuB.jpg

Wow, can you do that without adding CO2?

Wow, can you do that without adding CO2?

Yessir. That was grown solely on Metricide 14, EI ferts, and DIY root tabs. Dual t5ho lights over a 55g.

I really like your tank! Maybe a large rock, cave, or drift wood piece would look good. Even a background would hide your cables

Yeah a DYI external background is in the plans. Someday I'll get a larger piece of driftwood. I have 5 rocks. Because it is an acrylic tank with a smaller opening in the top decor size can be a challenge. Thanks for your ideas!

Low Tech Tanks

WP_20130911_002_zpsb3537e4a.jpg.html
Hello everybody,
I want to change my tank but I don't have much inspiration.
So show me your low tech tank so I can get some ideas.
Sorry if my English isn't that good, that's because I'm from the Netherlands

Hello bram...

Here's one that's a bit different. I use both land and aquatic plants in it. The plant combination works very well to maintain better water conditions for the fish.

B

I can't see the picture could you post it again?

Does anyone know if RCS will climb out of the tank if you don't have a rim

Does anyone know if RCS will climb out of the tank if you don't have a rim

I think RCS, ghost shrimp and other smaller shrimp are too "weak" to pull themselves out of the water and climb out. However, it is possibly for them to "launch" themselves out with a quick flip of the tail.
Amanos and larger shrimp, on the other hand, are much stronger and might be capable of actually climbing out.

As far as i can tell, all my PFR shrimp are still in the tank and multiplying. However, I had this tank setup before with Tangerine Tigers and I found a couple dried up on the floor. Maybe they launched themselves like Fresh2o described. In another case I've seen Amano shrimp climb out before. They'll especially do this if they hate the water quality in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom