Showpiece Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought pearl gouramis got along with each other.

A M/F pair may coexist in a large enough tank for separate territories, with lots of plants for sight breaks . But Gouramis are not social. They are similar to Bettas, come together for breeding and then they split.

Pearls are peaceful to other fish. Other Gouramis ? Not usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And for what it's worth my normally very peaceful sparkling gourami was tested in a tank with red rili shrimp. Didn't end well for at least one shrimp, even in a well planted tank. On the other hand my betta doesn't bother shrimp. In my opinion shrimp safety depends on the individual fish.

I love sumo loaches. They look really cool I would just have to order them (planning an order for this coming fall) from aquariumfish.net.

Ember tetras, small cory cats, multiple types of nano rasbora, gem badis, some otos, and maybe a green spot Betta. I will research more about all of these fish.

Ember tetras, small cory cats, multiple types of nano rasbora, gem badis, some otos, and maybe a green spot Betta. I will research more about all of these fish.

I love nano fish!

I would choose maybe 2 types of rasboras and get large groups; they'll feel more comfortable and show better color.

You might have trouble getting a badis to eat in a tank that large, something to think about. Also many people have trouble getting them to eat dry foods.

Otos are sensitive, need to be in groups in an established tank.

I had a Betta coccina years ago in a 20g biotope, nice fish (y)

Here's my stock list:
Chili Rasboras x10
Pygmy Spotted Rasbora x10
Ember Tetra x10
oto x6
Green Spot Betta x1
Salt and Pepper Cory x6
Green Cory x6
Marbled Hatchet x6/Clown Killi x6

I can decide between the hatchets or the killis what do you guys think?

The hatches would give you some nice top dwellers. The rest of your schools will be at the middle or bottom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's my stock list:
Chili Rasboras x10
Pygmy Spotted Rasbora x10
Ember Tetra x10
oto x6
Green Spot Betta x1
Salt and Pepper Cory x6
Green Cory x6
Marbled Hatchet x6/Clown Killi x6

I can decide between the hatchets or the killis what do you guys think?

Both hatchets and the clowns are notorious jumpers. Keep that in mind with whichever you choose.

Unless you're going for a red look I'd personally do green rasboras instead of the embers. Hardy, interesting colors, and they school nicely.

No loaches?

The hatches would give you some nice top dwellers. The rest of your schools will be at the middle or bottom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought that both the Killifish and Hatchetfish are top dwellers.

Both hatchets and the clowns are notorious jumpers. Keep that in mind with whichever you choose.

Unless you're going for a red look I'd personally do green rasboras instead of the embers. Hardy, interesting colors, and they school nicely.

No loaches?

I will have a glass lid. Also I love the look of the red fish on the green plant background. And I am tempted to do 1-2 zebra or yo-yo Loach.

Between the two I think the hatchets would show up better in that size tank.

Loaches do like to be in larger groups.

Back
Top Bottom