Sicce Co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chipmason3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone had any luck with the Sicce Co2 complete system? A lot of mixed reviews on it. Seems like it does well in around a 30-40 gallon but I have a 65 gallon and the Sicce says for tanks up to 75 gallons but all the reviews I saw in larger tanks say that it doesn't make much a difference and I paid $200 at my lfs and I saw on Amazon it goes for $135. I don't know whether to take it back and just spend the extra money to get a good setup or keep it and try it out? Any suggestions anyone!!?? Thanks!!

I haven't used it but probably did the same reading. I wondered if you have tried recording ph at start and end of use? It looked like this was adding co2 so I assume you will get a ph drop (as noted with more standard co2 injected gas).

Are you getting any pearling off the plants, even a bubble stream? Or any difference in growth.

I run injected co2 on a 4ft tank and found adding a co2 diffuser at either end with an internal filter powerhead to push water around was needed. It looked like these could work but that would be my other question - if it looks like you will need something to push the water around.

Last edited:
I haven't even set it up in the tank just got it 2 days ago. I bought it on blind faith thinking that it would be a decent setup but I didn't know the manufacturer or model until after I got it so I didn't get a chance to look at reviews before I bought it. I usually do my homework before I buy something anymore cause with all the info at our fingertips why wouldn't you!!?? Lol! I started checking reviews after I saw a YouTube video of a somewhat poor review but I think it would be ok in a smaller tank but I think my 65 might be the upper limit for the model. Trying to decide whether to take it back and just fork out the extra money for a good setup or not!?

I haven't even set it up in the tank just got it 2 days ago. I bought it on blind faith thinking that it would be a decent setup but I didn't know the manufacturer or model until after I got it so I didn't get a chance to look at reviews before I bought it. I usually do my homework before I buy something anymore cause with all the info at our fingertips why wouldn't you!!?? Lol! I started checking reviews after I saw a YouTube video of a somewhat poor review but I think it would be ok in a smaller tank but I think my 65 might be the upper limit for the model. Trying to decide whether to take it back and just fork out the extra money for a good setup or not!?

Id take it back and get a more know brand. I wouldn't skimp out on anything to do with a pressurised system just for piece of mind. Last thing u want is a hole through the bottom of your tank because your reg has blown up ;). Get a azoo or a gla or if u can afford it go a full stainless medic system. If u run canisters I'd recommend an inline diffuser for canisters. U can run a splitter to 2 canisters or have an inline with a full length spray bar to spread it nicely.

Spend the money now to save on money later :)

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Yeah I think I'm gonna take it back today. I don't think it's what I want to begin with and I'm getting ready to do a 65 gallon cichlid tank that I want planted as well and maybe I can get a system to run both of my 65 gallon tanks and get one large Co2 tank to use for both. I've seen on other forums of people using one setup for multiple tanks. My issue is I have no experience with Co2 nor is there anyone I know even in the aquarium hobby!! All I have is my lfs and petsmart! Not my lfs are good people and they are knowledgeable when it comes to the fish but one of the ladies that works there and myself were the first to try these out but reading reviews now makes me leery. I usually do my research first but I bought this on faith and I didn't know the manufacturer or the model until I got it. I was really looking forward to using it and now I'm bummed because I'm back to square one and no one in my area to help...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The cost of the cartridges seem a bit much tbh. The price of this unit isn't far off enough from a regulator, solenoid, and co2 tank. But 3 times more to keep filled? I can fill a co2 canister for $5-10. And provides more gas than 1 of these.

Yea go as big of a bottle as u can if u are running big tanks because your bubble count will be crazy high to get 30ppm in both tanks. Try and get a regulator with a twin outlet, they can be pretty expensive though. Hope I've helped :)

That's what I saw as well on replacement cost. As far as I could see the science works so could just be a question of if it would be powerful enough for the tank (admittedly ignoring cost and the space it takes up).

One positive I saw was that you have no chance of gas bottles being knocked over by young kids. I have a ~3ft gas bottle tucked in next to tank and everyone has strict instructions not to go near it.

For the OP could you adjust output on them out of interest?

Either way you will probably need something to push the water around. Just something to consider.

Yes I'm gonna take it back this evening and then look into more options! I have a spot I can sit a large tank so my dogs and my 5 year old daughter won't hit it. She is good about not messing with any of the stuff! She is just as into it as I am! My dogs and my cat are my worries lol! Thanks everyone for the good advice!

Main thing to look for is a good solenoid and good working pressure. I found my azoo reg is a little under the pressure is like. Make sure u can get around 25-35 psi working pressure on the reg or it won't have the pressure to run some inline diffusers etc.

One person on another forum recommended aquatek I think that's what it was called. Said it's a good regulator and setup. I'm gonna research it more.

Where abouts are you located?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a small town called Bunker Hill WV about 15 minutes from Winchester Va and about an hour and 15 minutes west of DC

Being in the America id say go a GLA reg or a Milwaukie. Both have really good reviews and last for many years

Back
Top Bottom