Sites to buy lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there :) I'm looking to buy a t5 HO fixture, but needing sites to shop from, what I'm looking for is a T-5 HO Freshwater fixture 30" as far as price I'm looking for under 100$ before shipping. Also it needs to be shipped to Canada, without some ridiculous cost. I know its a tall order but any help is appreciated :) have a great summer.

m0stUniQue said:
Hi there :) I'm looking to buy a t5 HO fixture, but needing sites to shop from, what I'm looking for is a T-5 HO Freshwater fixture 30" as far as price I'm looking for under 100$ before shipping. Also it needs to be shipped to Canada, without some ridiculous cost. I know its a tall order but any help is appreciated :) have a great summer.

Odysea sells fixtures that you're looking for for under 100. On one of my "plant growing" tanks, I have an Odysea t5HO 48" 2x54w fixture. It works great! (even though these fixtures aren't the greatest) but I find great success! AquaTraders and Amazon sell these fixtures.

I bought my odyssea off eBay and I thought they said they shipped to Canada as well. I have also seen the remarks on these lights but I love mine so far!! I guess you can have issues with any type of brand though;) oh, I got free shipping when I ordered too!!

Thanks for the info :) is there any way you could post links to ebay stores that sell them or what to search thanks again :)

Wow is this ever a great deal thanks guys what a great price :) without c02 would you recommend me getting a 2 bulb or 4 bulb fixture? I can't thank you guys enough shipping is inexpensive to Canada aswell :)

The fixtures work fine, I have the one with 3 bulbs, moonlights, and a digital clock/timer. The quality is not that good and there are much better fixtures out there. The bulbs are cheap and they don't utilize good reflectors so a better quality fixture of the same basic type would have a much higher PAR rating (ability to grow plants).

That said, it's good for what it is. What size tank is this? A 29? A 2 bulb fixture, even a cheap one like this, is a ton of light over a 29 and would really be best complimented with pressurized co2 and a regular fert dosing regimen.

I ended up switching out my bulbs for ge t5 ho 10,000k. They are still 54 watts but higher k. I guess their bulb quality is a little on the low side but everything else I have found has been good so far. Easy to install new bulbs and such has been good as well. The only reason I upgraded was for higher k for my plants

Back
Top Bottom