Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also had to pick up some other plants

Rotala wallichii as the colour was amazing and myriophyllum tuberculatum

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415472383.033294.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415472420.108388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Holy AR garden!!!!! Is that your hardscape?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sure is buddy. That's what 4 hours at TGM with James on hand for advice and criticism. You wait until my fissidens takes hold of those branches which will reach up and out of the tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh man.. that's totally official.. i can't wait to see this tank progress!

There's about 5 pieces of wood there so there'll prob be room for manoeuvre

Jaw dropping pictures. Of course, being there in person must have been awesome. That's for sharing!

Your hard scape looks killer....can't wait to see it all come together.

Sk3lly, thanks for sharing the pics from your fieldtrip to TGM. Looks like a great place and lots to see. Love those display tanks! I agree, your hardscape selection looks fantastic.

Thanks Brian. I'm going to make a start on it tomorrow after work

Build slighty on hold. My redmoor wood is so buoyant! Its in soak now but may take a couple weeks

Oh no, that'd a bummer.. there are ways to add weight to the wood but I'm guessing you're not in a rush

This tank has been in the making for like 4months and the tank is still in its box. In a rush I'm certainly not lol. Want it done right

I had the same thing with my ADA driftwood in my 60p. I was able to keep it anchored down with fishing line tied to a stone I netted and placed under the DW. I just got impatient waiting .. LOL

It can take weeks to months for that DW to get waterlogged otherwise.

Here's a thread of similar experiences that might make you want to get creative on sinking that DW (unless you want to wait ~ weeks/month)

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174914

Last edited:
Thank you Brian. I'm not sure I have a pot big enough to boil it in lol. I'll just have to wait it out I guess

This will appeal to you Brookster.

I think im going to use my plumbing skills and produce a custom made light hanging rail. Thinking of spray painting it a brushed steel effect and possibly the same with my BML. Need to find some suitable steel cable hanging wires and a way of making it all adjustable. Stay tuned...

Looks like it should be an interesting build, hardscape is looking awesome already. Bummer about having to soak the wood, but what can you do? Following along.

I suppose, if you look real close. But from a distance it looks smooth.

It's also easy to bend and dirt cheap. Just the conduit bender is a bit spendy. But I just borrowed one from the hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom