Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im going to use this thread to document my tanks progression. Will post a progress photo every 2 weeks.
I began this thread in the tank progress section but believe i will get a wider audience for feedback in the planted section. I will post todays update...

23rd March
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395598327.875241.jpg
AR mini will be having a trim soon and shoots to be grown out for sending to another AA member. Alternanthera cardinalis to be cut right back to allow all new growth to come through

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395598351.304955.jpg
My pogostemon erectus is beginning to grow taller. Planted pogostemon helfuri in place of the over invading sag platy. Also my glosso shoots are looking nice.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395598364.809818.jpg
This is my new echinodorus versuvius. Still recovering from lack of light whilst shipping. Should bounce back nicely

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395598379.726017.jpg
This is my lovely lady German Blue Ram. I drove a 60miles round trip to collect her and a male Ram. They were slowly drip acclimated last night for 2 and a half hours. Looking much happier today.

Next update in two weeks

The carpet you mean?? The carpet is dwarf hairgrass. Thanks for following. Im hoping to get a lot of you guys with the real nice looking tanks on board to help with my progression

What's your stock? I wonder because I have a 29 that I'm currently cycling,

7 neon tetras, 4 rummynose tetras, 4 green tetras, 6 pygmy corys and 2 gbr's. Theres one amano shrimp and a batch of maybe 8 cherry red shrimp. One of which is berried. Theres hundreds of ramshorn snails in there and a small army of assassin snails. Lots of assassin snail eggs just waiting to hatch too. With just the fish im about 90% stocked on aquadvisor. I have a fluval U2 and fluval C2 filters

Looks great!! Def making a love nest! Cichlids like to prepare a nice clean bed for eggs/fry!

Looks great!! Def making a love nest! Cichlids like to prepare a nice clean bed for eggs/fry!

Wow really?!? I only got them yesterday! My tank must have some sort of fertility jinx on it at the moment. Lots of assassin snail eggs, berried red cherry shrimp, neons doing a 'breeding dance' and now rams making a love pad lol

That seems to be going on in my aquarium as well I have 3 if my barbs scattering eggs all over while the males chase them down and eat them. Quite the interesting song and dance.

Second full day in the tank for my rams and ive got eggs already
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395686759.269230.jpg
I apologise for my heavily laden algae anubias leaf in the way lol

Male ram seems to be shimmering himself over the eggs. I guess hes fertilising them. I need fast advice now please people on what to do next. Never had any fish breed before in my tank

Back
Top Bottom