Slime balls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JML Aqua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What kind of algae is this? It started showing up in my dwarf baby year tank ever since I started it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421202515.529072.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421202529.178017.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of algae is this? It started showing up in my dwarf baby year tank ever since I started it.
View attachment 261013View attachment 261014

How to get rid of it:
1.) acquire holy water
2.) remove infected demon rock
3.) douse demon rock in holy water
4.) pray

Well that's enough comedy for today :D , another member should jump in and provide more clues.

How to get rid of it:
1.) acquire holy water
2.) remove infected demon rock
3.) douse demon rock in holy water
4.) pray

Well that's enough comedy for today :D , another member should jump in and provide more clues.

Lmao thanks ??

That's some very interesting looking algae you have there. Never seen that in the hobby before. By any chance did you add anything to your tank from the great outdoors (ie. Pond)? Or add new plants / decor from an untrusted source?

I had to do a like digging online, and the closest I can find to what that looks like is Ophrydium versatile. I could be wrong, but looks like that. Good luck.. hope it's friendly.

That's some very interesting looking algae you have there. Never seen that in the hobby before. By any chance did you add anything to your tank from the great outdoors (ie. Pond)? Or add new plants / decor from an untrusted source?

I had to do a like digging online, and the closest I can find to what that looks like is Ophrydium versatile. I could be wrong, but looks like that. Good luck.. hope it's friendly.

Thanks! It could possibly be ophrydium versatile, but I'm still not certain... This tank had been up for around 3 months now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421211105.114275.jpg
As far as the items in the tank all the plants were bought from a trusted supplier and substrate is flora-max mixed with black seachem flourite. Seiryu stones (totally dry) were ordered from California from Amazon which is a chinese supplier(which could possible be the source, but not likely) it's all over the tank too except for the glass. Substrate, rocks, and plants all have it. It's easy to siphon out weekly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem as the tank has been running fine with the algae.

I have no clue but it looks really cool!

Have you tried spot treatment with H2O2 or Excel?

Yep with both excel and h2o2. H2o2 just ended up killing the DBT. I guess baby tears don't handle h2o2 well and trust me I didn't dose much. I don't think any algae killing method will remove these balls unless I tear apart the tank... ? Most algae has gone away overtime except for the ordinary green spot algae and apparently this slime ball...

Back
Top Bottom