small plant growing tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small 15 liter aquarium with:
Sponge filter
5watt blue/white led fixture
Heater
Deep gravle bed

I was planning on growing the off cuts from my dt and was woundering would this setup be ok? I have co2 and liquid ferts to dose. All my plants are low light btw

Chances are you shouldn't need the co2. I have a tiny 1- 1/2gal tank that I use for just that purpose. I have been using liquid ferts until this week and it's been doing great in fact my plants pearl in there. I have it dirted and a cheap T-8 4100K bulb. It's also my grow out tank for my snails.

Thanks for the reply looks like the same type tank i have, i added a 6500k daylight led globe aswell so extra light. All my offcuts are growing faster in the small tank than in the dt so i have been replanting them into the dt after around 2 weeks of being in the plant tank. Would it be safe to lut a couple of guppys in there go help give a few nitrates?

I am using gallon and half gallon jars under a shop light with 6500 T8 bulbs to grow out plants. I only have an air stone in each for water movement. I have found ramshorn snails doing fine in them. My plant cuttings are growing too. I am dosing with dry ferts and no CO2 right now.

Thanks for the reply looks like the same type tank i have, i added a 6500k daylight led globe aswell so extra light. All my offcuts are growing faster in the small tank than in the dt so i have been replanting them into the dt after around 2 weeks of being in the plant tank. Would it be safe to lut a couple of guppys in there go help give a few nitrates?

Id say add the fish it definitely worked for me.

I wouldn't do it These tiny tanks are just way to small for any fish that I know of. Mine is only maybe a 1/2 gallon and I wouldn't even put a betta in it.

How about just adding some shrimp. 12 liters works out to just over three gallons right? My metric measurement knowledge is under utilized.LOL You could keep a lot of shrimp in that. Somewhere on here I saw a request for nano fish for a 5 gallon tank. If I can find it again I will link it for you. You can buy a lot of dry fertilizer for what you pay for the bottles of liquid. It comes with nitrate to dose. I could send you some just for shipping if you do not want to buy a dry ferts package. I never need it. My nitrates stay around at least 10 or so. PM me if you want any.

Back
Top Bottom