Small Plant Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TS168

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Like to seek some advise on plant tank.

I would like to have a tank just with Riccia Fluitans.

Can i just setup with lighting, liquid fertiliser and filter.
Will i be able to have it grow?

Thanks Best Regards
TS

Well, I'm sure it will grow.... but we probably need more specifics. Like, you intend to have it grow ON something right? I think riccia needs to be anchored down in some manner. I know some people have it grow on some sort of screen. Additionally, I think you may need a heater. Maybe some one who has grown it can back me up on this?

Thanks. By the way, I stay in singapore. My home has a room temperature of 28degree all yr around. Occassionally will drop to 26degree if during raining.

Not sure if the temperature is ok. And for start i do like to let them float, so i can multiply abit before i goin to put it onto a net to secure it on the base of the tank to let it grow into a small carpet on my tank.

Cheers :lol:

Can i just setup with lighting, liquid fertiliser and filter.
Will i be able to have it grow?
I think you will need co2 also. As you probably know, Riccia looks its best when pearling, which requires high light, I believe 4 wpg or more, and co2. It will live and grow some with less light than that, but the pearling is where the true beauty of it comes out.

What size tank? What kind of lighting?

Thanks corvuscorax. I know the beauty of it if u have C02 into ur tank.
As i m currently doing some test n experience to have a feel of how Riccia grow.

If u free u can go to my webby and catch a glimpse of my aquatic phot i have try to take with my inexperience skill. Not a very good one but i m slowly learning.

Now after afew days, my Riccia is start to grow abit. It seen to be grow not bad as i keep it float. And i also try to place some on the base of the small tank. I do turn on a small light for abt 8hrs aday and has add some liquid fertiliser to the tank every 4/5days.

It a challenge when u try something out n see them slowly grow. I m looking forward to upgrade my tank n facilities to allow me to have a nicer plant tank.

really appreciate those advise. n comment. thanks. n have been constant searching web for information to enhance my knowledge.

Cheers. :lol: :D

Back
Top Bottom