Snails help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!

I'm new and not sure where to post this. I bought some plants and didn't know to treat them. Now I have pond snails and they literally make my skin crawl. Does anyone know where I can get assasin snails? I live in NC and will be in GA next week. Please help!!!

Any actual aquarium store should carry them. Not places like Petsmart and Petco. Have any of those around there?

I got mine on E bay from a place called livekoiforsalecom. Go to pet supplies, fish & aquariums and type in assassin snails. Several sellers of them in there. I was real pleased with the livekoiforsalecom's service and shipping. OS.

First of all welcome to AA!

Depending on what type of tank you have, you can get loaches, they do great clearing out snails
You can get assassins in websites like liveaquaria.com
Welcome to AA

Thanks for making me feel so welcomed!

It's only a 20g so loaches are not a great option unfortunately.

Thanks for the advice. There is a fish store (non big chain) about an hour away so l'll end up ordering online I'm sure (1 and 3 year old kids...)

Anyway thank you so much!!!!! Pond snail explosion. Need to get the rotting leaves out ASAP

I don't know where to get assassin snails but a remedy for pond snails is to get a plate and put a slice of cucumber on it and at night place it in the tank, and then I the morning there will be snails on it eating it, and you tank them and the cucumber and throw them away, and use a fresh cucumber slice every night until you no longer get any snails. You may miss a few using this method, but it usually works.

I heard about that method. I guess I was hoping for a lower maintenance option. I wanted only one assassin , but maybe that won't get the job done. What to do...

Also not sure my bio load could handle more than one and they like to have a friend or two right?

Also water is super hard, so very high ph

Too bad I'm in Texas. I feed pond snails to my pea puffer! They LOVE snails. One Assassin snail should be able to do the job. Just maybe not quickly.

Back
Top Bottom