So not liking how this is turning out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try taking the piece of wood now going through the opening in the rock. Flip it over and place the large end over and behind the rock. With the wood sloping over and extending into the center of the tank. IMG_3149.jpg

Try taking the piece of wood now going through the opening in the rock. Flip it over and place the large end over and behind the rock. With the wood sloping over and extending into the center of the tank. View attachment 307684
Yeah I tried that the bend isn't that extreme, I tried also turning it upside down but that didn't look right either, I don't want the wood in the rock an it is right now as I want to do a pathway of Parva and the rock lined with Buce but this long branchy piece is a paibn in my keester lol.

This is it after the water cleared up, my bn is not happy as you can see him on the glass as he's usually under the rock, I'm silly I didn't take a full tank shot
Cleared up https://imgur.com/a/KWlUd
Took full shot
Full tank https://imgur.com/a/jvoaG
Here's what I've tried with the top being how it is now , with the second picture with my horrible art Iol, it won't work as the long part hits the glass and the branch parts are in the substrate, even though my diagram doesn't show that lol
Diagram https://imgur.com/a/7kMWK

Are you happier with it?
Nope lol, I just want it to look like what see on Google bit I know those guys been doing this for ever lol, I might be able to trim the weird hooked end off the branchy piece of wood so that I can angle it to over the rock so it clears my intake tube
Do you think it looks better like that or how I had it in the beginning, everyone that sees it in real Life love it but I just don't have any depth and I cannot achieve it no matter what I do, I'm an artist so I know what needs to be done I can do this on paper all day but when it comes to the tank I can't do it.

As the old saying goes "if it was easy everyone would do it" right

Like my nephew just saw it and says that looks amazing maybe I'm just trying to hard with what I can do ya know with all the weird shaped driftwood I beat myself up if I can't get everything perfect where there's no perfect in nature

Like my nephew just saw it and says that looks amazing maybe I'm just trying to hard with what I can do ya know with all the weird shaped driftwood I beat myself up if I can't get everything perfect where there's no perfect in nature
Lol, well! He likes it. But do you like it. That's what matters. I broke pieces off my driftwood to get the look I was looking for. And I used the pieces I broke off for my Java ferns. Lol! I'm just getting started though.

Lol, well! He likes it. But do you like it. That's what matters. I broke pieces off my driftwood to get the look I was looking for. And I used the pieces I broke off for my Java ferns. Lol! I'm just getting started though.
It's starting to grow on me a bit on the drift wood on the left side I'm going to add ferns and moss

Good news. Your right. Perfect isn’t the way to go.
I just see some of these scapes on Google and my Jaws drops at how amazing they are, but I'm also sure those tanks are very very expensive to do.
I need to learn how to crawl before I run lol, I'm trying to do crazy things when I'm still new to plants lol.

It looks amazing to me, a lot better than I could ever pull off.
I think you should list everything you have in your tank from left to right including the substrate that you’ve used. Then the more experienced hobbyist could suggest either additional plants or

Sorry let me continue: the more experienced hobbyists could suggest either additional plants or how to rearrange what you already have. I know the feeling as I’ve rearranged my tank a few times.

Sorry let me continue: the more experienced hobbyists could suggest either additional plants or how to rearrange what you already have. I know the feeling as I’ve rearranged my tank a few times.
Plants are simple
Cryptocoryne wendtii*"Red"
Cryptocoryne Parva
Ludwigia broad leaf repens
Money wart
Amazon sword
Tons of anubias

Soon to have Buce
4 leaf clover
Dwarf sag

Left to right
21 lbs Texas holey rock
1 24"piece branchy mylasia drift wood
1 10" piece if mylasia
Plants on left are 3 Wendtii reds
3 Ludwigia
2 moneywart
1 pot of cryptocoryne Parva
Soon to have Buce

Middle is 2 money wart
3 Wendtii reds
2 Ludwigia
Soon to have 4 leaf clover dwarf sag
Right is 4 pieces drift wood with a mass amount of anubias attached to it
3 Ludwigia repens
2 money wart
1 Amazon sword

Substrate is Caribbean supernatural ultra fine pebble

Ferts are excel 3 x weekly
5 ml thrive 1 x weekly
And ty for the compliment it will look better once the crypts start to Bush out and fill in and once i add the Buce to accent the Texas holey rock, and get a light ground cover in the middle with 4 leaf cover and accent the other pieces of THR with dwarf sag

How do you feel about floating plants? Your money warts. You can tie some of your anubias to your driftwood in some spots, or in the rock.

How do you feel about floating plants? Your money warts. You can tie some of your anubias to your driftwood in some spots, or in the rock.
I don't have a super strong light and I would never put frog bit or anything that intrusive into my tank, I have anubias all over that's attached to drift wood, doing fancy leaf ferns on the left side driftwood and moss (probably Christmas moss)

You don't really need a supper strong light for those plants. But, I understand the more light =more growth. I think you'll fill it all up in time and figure out what and how you want it as you go. Just like I am. It's gonna all take time. You just gotta know how big or little your plants are gonna be and picture it all as if they were bigger and fuller. Biggest think is knowing what plants you want and how you want them. It's no different than landscaping your yard. It's just under water is all.

You don't really need a supper strong light for those plants. But, I understand the more light =more growth. I think you'll fill it all up in time and figure out what and how you want it as you go. Just like I am. It's gonna all take time. You just gotta know how big or little your plants are gonna be and picture it all as if they were bigger and fuller. Biggest think is knowing what plants you want and how you want them. It's no different than landscaping your yard. It's just under water is all.
No what I meant is I can't have floating plants because they shade the light to the lower ones

Like this one how in the (beep) this is NOT MY TANK
Wow https://imgur.com/a/60fML

Tanks like this require lots of effort to acquire the components prior to ever putting anything in the tank. I redid my tank last Jan 2017 and I spent 4 months planning. But I had to be willing to let go of a lot of the elements I had previously invested in.
Here is my tank Nov 2016. IMG_3192.jpg

And now. IMG_1520689394.809553.jpg

All that glass was expensive and now it’s all in a box just in case I wanna use it again. Lol

The big inspiration was the large rock with the hollow in it. The kuhli’s love a cave.

I guess my point is you may have to let something go, outta the tank, in order to move forward.

Tanks like this require lots of effort to acquire the components prior to ever putting anything in the tank. I redid my tank last Jan 2017 and I spent 4 months planning. But I had to be willing to let go of a lot of the elements I had previously invested in.
Here is my tank Nov 2016. View attachment 307696

And now. View attachment 307697

All that glass was expensive and now it’s all in a box just in case I wanna use it again. Lol

The big inspiration was the large rock with the hollow in it. The kuhli’s love a cave.

I guess my point is you may have to let something go, outta the tank, in order to move forward.
I always love your tanks TM. I totally agree with you. And sometimes you just gotta try things out and see what happens. I have a old school light and getting different plants that I like just to see what grows. Some say med- high light. They are doing very well in my tank. I guess it helps to be a risk taker too sometimes. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom