So not liking how this is turning out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And remember if you have a favorite piece or too many plants you can always set up another tank. Lol

And remember if you have a favorite piece or too many plants you can always set up another tank. Lol
If I had the funds to do that lol, my plan is to get a 90 gallon for my community and put my convict in the 55 gallon (noPlants) , your tanks look amazing but I can't go that full because my rainbows be like "haalp I haz no room To swim" lol, I like the tank layout now I just have to find a way to move the long branchy piece so it's not under the arch in the rock.

see what ya made me do now? I wanna redo it again but I refuse lmmfao.

Wendtii reds get that tall?? Ohhhmuahgurd I have 7 of them lol yikes.

I need to get a different filter so I don't have 2 intake tubes hanging down which makes everything more difficult as the plants get sucked to the tube, I see you have bows so I guess mine would be okay, I don't really have a favorite piece but my bn does and right now he's all confused because everything's changed around, he's actually a bit stressed out because his cave was moved I guess I don't know but he hides in a smaller piece of THR closest to the middle instead of his cave that's to the far left

Quick sketch of how I'm Invisioning,, if the crypts get that tall as well as my repens, money wart this should look amazing at full height.

Just a quick sketch with lots of scribbles lol
New diag2 https://imgur.com/a/AsI9m

I think my Crypts might be Bronze???
Looks red to Me bronze are brown yours look burgundy/red like mine do
Edit after looking closer they do look like bronze but that is still tall and I know reds can get just as tall

I agree on the background. Perhaps plain black.
As for the filter intakes, Han Aquatics sells stainless steel intake covers. The increased surface area reduces the chances that plants (and snails) get stuck on the intake. I have on on my AquaClear 50.

Looks good. Have you ever considered a simpler background?
I agree on the background. Perhaps plain black.
As for the filter intakes, Han Aquatics sells stainless steel intake covers. The increased surface area reduces the chances that plants (and snails) get stuck on the intake. I have on on my AquaClear 50.
The steel would worry me, I actually just thought about a flat black background,

do they make the covers in black plastic that way they will blend in with the black background ?

The steel would worry me, I actually just thought about a flat black background,

do they make the covers in black plastic that way they will blend in with the black background ?

Stainless steel is fine. There are different grades of SS (numbering system). Generally the lower the number, the increased chance of rust occurring.
I can understand if the look of stainless steel against a dark background my not be to one’s liking.
Not sure about the plastic filter intake covers. You could probably try and see if you could fit an intake from another filter (canister) over the existing filter intake.

Stainless steel is fine. There are different grades of SS (numbering system). Generally the lower the number, the increased chance of rust occurring.
I can understand if the look of stainless steel against a dark background my not be to one’s liking.
Not sure about the plastic filter intake covers. You could probably try and see if you could fit an intake from another filter (canister) over the existing filter intake.
What does it do just go over the end to cover the sides and the water just flows up the bottom opening
I have 3 clear adapters that came with my pre-filter kit I think there's 2 big ones in there I can just slip on the end

The more I look at it the more depressed i get, I know it doesn't look bad, but that darn piece of drift wood will not go anywhere else besides between the rock where I was planning on trying to do a small carpet. [emoji22][emoji22]

Yes. You can contact Han to find out which one fits your particular filter. I was getting snails stuck on the existing filter intake. With the screen, the snails just glide over the surface. Here is a pic of my AC50 with the intake screen. There is also a version which is baby shrimp safe IMG_5319.jpg

The more I look at it the more depressed i get, I know it doesn't look bad, but that darn piece of drift wood will not go anywhere else besides between the rock where I was planning on trying to do a small carpet. [emoji22][emoji22]
Have you tried standing the wood up and picture it anywhere in the tank. If it was me I'd probably break the little long branch off and make it look like roots coming out of the ground and then plant what ever you want on it. And fish would have another hiding spot if you do it right. Think I'd put it where your rock was kinda in the middle. Or somewhere over by the other wood. You wouldn't have to plant anything on the top or anything just the bottom would look cool. Like a broken tree. Maybe cover it in moss on the bottom up the "roots". [emoji4] just my thought.

Have you tried standing the wood up and picture it anywhere in the tank. If it was me I'd probably break the little long branch off and make it look like roots coming out of the ground and then plant what ever you want on it. And fish would have another hiding spot if you do it right. Think I'd put it where your rock was kinda in the middle. Or somewhere over by the other wood. You wouldn't have to plant anything on the top or anything just the bottom would look cool. Like a broken tree. Maybe cover it in moss on the bottom up the "roots". [emoji4] just my thought.
This piece of wood is about 24" with weird bends I'm done over thinking it as if I move that to the other side I have to move plants again, sorry just frustrated as I just spent another 40 minutes trying to rearrange it which is a nightmare because the branches are so spread apart and long, I had it on top of the rock pointing down but it literally was hitting the front of my glass ugh.

I'll just leave it as it is and if I find a nicer piece at the store tomorrow I'll switch it out

Yes. You can contact Han to find out which one fits your particular filter. I was getting snails stuck on the existing filter intake. With the screen, the snails just glide over the surface. Here is a pic of my AC50 with the intake screen. There is also a version which is baby shrimp safe View attachment 307715
Those don't look bad I was imagining it like a big piece of reflective diamonds in the tank lol like bling bling.
The only thing that would worry me about those is not getting the food /debris out of the tank

This is where I want the free space for the parva/4 leaf clover, most if the middle with a little further on the left side, if I turn the branch over it totally blocks my lighting [emoji35] lol
Free space https://imgur.com/a/jpMth

Those don't look bad I was imagining it like a big piece of reflective diamonds in the tank lol like bling bling.
The only thing that would worry me about those is not getting the food /debris out of the tank

Once the plants grow in, the screen will the last thing you notice, even with a dark background.
Whether the debris is stuck on the screen or in the filter, it is technically still in the tank (breaking down). During water changes you can put the end of the hose next to the screen and siphon it out.

Back
Top Bottom