So proud had to share...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ztigris

Aquarium Advice Freak
My flame sword has started putting out really pretty red leaves. Wish the cell photo would do it justice. :)

Wow that's a nice plant. I'm getting more plants soon since I don't have many but I would consider that one. It looks really good!

Thank you! It's quickly becoming my favorite. Wish the cell would take better pics so you could see how red it is. It also already put out a little plant. Can't wait till it's big enough to plant.

Plant growth within 2 months, 3 added since first pic. This is my favorite tank so far.

IMG_20121220_104849.jpg

ForumRunner_20130108_155913.jpg

Cichlid kid it's beautiful! I can't wait till my Amazon swords get there! How long did yours take?

Tid bitz mine are about the same age (Amazon that is). They did have to melt off their emeresed leaves. But haven't made that kind of growth yet. They are in a darker corner...wonder if that's why?

Thank-you ztigris.
My sword was in poor shape when purchased. In all, Ive had it about 5months. It really started growing after I started root tabs. The co2 seemed to help afterwards too.

Hmm I have a dirt substrate and fert via water column. Maybe I better pick up the root tabs.

Tid bitz mine are about the same age (Amazon that is). They did have to melt off their emeresed leaves. But haven't made that kind of growth yet. They are in a darker corner...wonder if that's why?

I have a light guard for my baby whales but they get 5-6 hr of full light a day. I also use a liquid 02 daily to every other day.

Back
Top Bottom