Soft Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wmc2009

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just recently got moved to Greenville Mississippi (Delta) with work. After being here a couple of weeks I have figured out that the water here is extremely soft and I'm starting to notice my plants are suffering as well as my shrimp and snails. Any suggestions out there that might not be too expensive or complicated to help fix my issues? I work a lot and don't really have a lot of time to be constantly adding chemicals (plus I'm not really comfortable with that approach anyways). Any tips out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe look into getting some cuttlebone or some "Wonder Shells." I'm a fan of the Wonder Shells myself. They will slowly release calcium and other positive ions into the water and make it much harder. Start off slowly though. Chip off a small piece and put it in for a day or two before using the entire piece. Don't want to shock everyone with a sudden increase in GH. It's also recommended that you put them in the part of your tank that gets the least flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom