Soil and Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to turn my empty 2g tank into a plant haven, and grow out tank. I want to know if miracle grow would be ok... I know that when fish or inverts are present that the ferts in it aren't good, but if there aren't fish or inverts if it is good? Oh and what would be some good plants?

I'm thinking hc... Maybe a few of my smaller wisteria and anacharis... Any other ideas/opinion on the soil?

I use eco-complete for the substrate,the stuff is great! As far as using miraclegrow I'm not sure about that one..I'm sure someone will be able to offer some insight on the ferts...

tiger terror said:
I use eco-complete for the substrate,the stuff is great! As far as using miraclegrow I'm not sure about that one..I'm sure someone will be able to offer some insight on the ferts...

I'm planning on using Eco-complete on my 55:). It's good to hear that it's great! Thanks for the info:)

I think the ferts in the potting soils won't necessarily hurt the fish but can cause massive algae outbreaks. You'd be better off using organic potting soil and mineralizing it first. Look on line how to do that.

Mumma.of.two said:
I think the ferts in the potting soils won't necessarily hurt the fish but can cause massive algae outbreaks. You'd be better off using organic potting soil and mineralizing it first. Look on line how to do that.

There'll be no fish... But the algae thing, yeah, not going to deal with that. I'll look for organic soil:D. Thanks mumma!

Back
Top Bottom