Some plants to ID...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently ordered some plants, and I just put them in the tank last night. mgamer threw in a few extras and I was wondering what exactly they were. I have a few pictures:

plants01.jpg

The one in the back is an Anubias Barteri. I don't know what the one in the front is.

plants02.jpg

I don't know what the one with red leaves is, or the one to its left. There are micro swords in the front, and there's a java fern in the back left.

plants03.jpg

The one in the front is another Anubias, and I think the one in the back is the same as the one in the front on the first picture, but I'm not sure...

Thanks for your help! Here's a FTS, even though the tank is still a little cloudy from planting them. If I'm doing something wrong with the way I've planted anything then please let me know.

fresh02.jpg

1 is some tall sags. in your tank they will grow a lot smaller. good for foreground.
2nd Ludwigia peruensis it changes all kinds of colors from white to red to orange.
img_1090856_0_419be783b4b43f257868f251c827076a.jpg

3rd dwarf onion plant

the rhizome of the anubias needs to be pulled from the substrate. that and just give it some time for the plants to take hold.

i think that your ludwigia would probably grow better if it wasnt planted upside down. although i have seen tomatoe planters that hang upside down on some tv commercials. :) let me know how it goes

mgamer, thank you for the IDs ;) I've done my best to uncover the rhizomes whilst keeping the roots somewhere near the substrate.

timwag - I planted the end that was cut off the main plant into the substrate, I know it looks funny but that's the right thing, right?

The plant in the first pic looks like a Val.

The second is Ludwigia repens (Planted correctly) and the one to the left is Limnophila sessiliflora.

You guys sure about the Ludwigia? It sure looks upside down to me. Mine grow the opposite, leaves curl out and upward from stem - Not down then out and up.

You guys sure about the Ludwigia? It sure looks upside down to me. Mine grow the opposite, leaves curl out and upward from stem - Not down then out and up.

While the growth of the leaves are odd (seems like the top was out of the water), Ludwigia repens is red on the bottom and green on the top as far as the leaves go.

Well I double-checked and it was right side up then -- there are things that resemble roots growing out of the bottom of the plant. I'll try to take another picture tonight and see if the leaf shape is more to your liking.

While the growth of the leaves are odd (seems like the top was out of the water), Ludwigia repens is red on the bottom and green on the top as far as the leaves go.

Good catch, I was on my phone when I posted and didn't really notice the leaf coloring. I just saw the leaves growing downward but if it was at the top of the tank, coiled up or out of the water, that would make sense.

That picture was taken immediately after the plant was put in the tank. Before that, it was out of water for a little bit. The leaves aren't pointed that way anymore. However, I neglected to take a picture of the way it is now. Shame on me. :(

Back
Top Bottom