Split photo period, does it effect growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 60 gallons tank with medium plantation and diy co2. Some times before i had an algae problem, so i opted for split photo period. i switch the lights on timer for 3 hours on- 1 hour off- 3 hours on.
i think due to this, the plants do not seem to grow properly. can split photo period effect the growth of the plants. can anybody advice.

Splitting the photo period won't bother the plants any. What plants are you having problems with, what light do you have, what size tank, and what ferts are you using?

I used to run my lights 8 on / 8 off for around 4 or 5 months. I always had good results when doing that.

Splitting the photo period won't bother the plants any. What plants are you having problems with, what light do you have, what size tank, and what ferts are you using?

my tank is 60 us gallons,
lights are 4 pieces of 2 feet florescent tube lights (18 watt each and white light).
Fertiliser: flourish every week .
plants : i do not know the names but they are all easy growing ones.
co2: diy yeast co2 started a few days back

How tall is the tank? Do you know the K of your bulbs? 2300K, 6500K, something else?

And six hours is fairly short.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How tall is the tank? Do you know the K of your bulbs? 2300K, 6500K, something else?

And six hours is fairly short.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. color temperature 6200K and tank is 19 inches tall. i will increase the photo period to 8 hours.

Back
Top Bottom