Split plants apart when bought?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parrisgg

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have put some live plants in my tank today, but I am not sure if I did it right. When I bought them from Petco they were together and held together in a bundle, I split them apart and put the single stalks in different places in the tank. Am I suppose to keep them together or is this okay as well?

Yes they do have separate root structures, I do want my tank to be quite thick with vegetation. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Alright then, I also noticed that there are some brown spots on the bacopoas. However, the ghost shrimp sometimes find their way onto these leaves and seem to eat away at the brown substance leaving the green leaves underneath. What could this be?

I have a single bright 60w LED light for my 10g tank. Do you guys think this is sufficient lighting?

The tall plants do look like bacopa and should be planted in groups, 4-5 usually works. If you want more, wait until they grow, cut and replant. The others kind of resemble amazon swords of some type, maybe??? Not sure. Next time, research before buying.

mohican said:
The tall plants do look like bacopa and should be planted in groups, 4-5 usually works. If you want more, wait until they grow, cut and replant. The others kind of resemble amazon swords of some type, maybe??? Not sure. Next time, research before buying.

I will for sure.

I also agree on the bacopa which is a stem plant and can be grouped or spread out like you have it.(it's personal preference) when they get too long you can cut them in half and plant the tops. the bottom half will usually branch out.
the third picture struck me as a melon sword but so many plants look similar it's hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom