Start of a long relationship (planted tank journal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the green side lol. In a month or two I'll have some dhg and glosso if you want it

Tank already cycled? Wow that didnt take long. I really like the driftwood with the moss on it its one of my faveourite things to do.
Also love the angels, what kind are they silver or albino?

I love the 40B as a planted tank. The 18" width offers a lot of aquascaping possiblities.

I wish I could get plants like that locally! I'm particularly jealous of your Windelov java fern. I can't wait to see it all filled in.

I'll second the CO2 recommendation. I have a crappy two-bulb T12 fixture over my 40B and I have some algae issues directly under the light.

Consider sticking your water sprite in the back right corner of the tank. If yours grows like mine does, it'll fill that corner very shortly.

I see...
Java fern windelov, water onion, ludwigia repens, hydrocotyle leucocephala, uhh what I think is water sprite, cryptocorene wendtii, amazon sword, hemianthus micranthemoides, some hygrophila difformis plantlets, the narrow leafed one with pearls on it may be a pogostemon or a rotala or something I don't know about lol.

Anyways...hmmmm I'll put my money on...killifish? Honestly have no idea haha.

Thanks BigJim. I'm definitely open to suggestions! This is my first serious attempt at plants.

Crepe... sorry... do not pass go... do not collect $200

Ok.. so i've been checking out prices for regulators and ph controllers... not quite sure if I want to drop $200 just quite yet.

On another note... I'm thinking about ordering a titanium heater with a controller... anybody have any thoughts on titanium heaters?

Let me know if you will want some ludwigia repens in the future. I always have tons after trimmings and would be glad to send you some when the weather gets warmer.

I'll sure let you know. At this point, I'm just going to try and wrap my head around this whole plant thing. It seems the more I get in to it, the more money I want to spend going all out.

Every planted tank owner starts with a low light and ends up with a 300 dollar fixture, and milwaukee regulator and solenoid. I would probably start off with just excel dosing and yeast...and see what you want to do...

A planted aquarium is basically a reef that won't put you in the poor house if everything inside melts.

Man, what a big difference a background makes...

img_1226297_0_d0785b81f1d7b8d1d9394ae971f918bd.jpg

Fish have been ordered. They will most likely be shipping next monday (8 days from today) as tomorrow is a national holiday so the post office wont be open, and it'll be kinda busy the next day, so I dont wanna take any chances on them sitting there over the weekend. I should have them wednesday or thursday of next week... and I'll have lots and lots of pictures ;)

Ok... just ordered a regulator and solenoid, also came with 10' of tubing. Going to start building a reactor this week, and checking on a cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom