Started my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, they are ones I have not planted yet. Tomorrow night I think will be the day the all get planted and moved to there final spots.. Keep a eye out for some pics to follow...

Update

Well I think everything is in it's final spot for the time being. Little to cloudy to get a good idea if I got my spacing and such right. Can't wait till morning to get a better idea. Hope to get some pics up soon after for some input. Also got a few more pieces of wood in there to help with my design.

One quick question though. I had a Red Special Crypt that had a few bad leaves on it, I cut them near where the leaf started... Is this the right place to trim this type of plant or should I have cut lower ?

Usually I trim crypts as close to to the base of the stem as possible. The existing stem wont grow a new leaf.

Yikes I must have been tired when I posted that. It's accaully a Red Special Sword Plant. Still trim as close to bottom as possible ?

It's also a rosette plant, so yes, trim as close to the base of the plant as possible.

Purrbox just wanted to say thanks for staying in touch with my log and helping me along... Think you may be the only one reading it lol....

Couple updated photo's here. Still a few trimmings and a bunch of plants ( front left corner ) that I still need to move but wanted to show you guys how its coming along. Open to suggestions as always as I really am just learning the planted deal.

Also in my last photo is a type of Ludwigia I beleive. It has the white shoots starting to grow off them. Whats the deal with these... Do i trim them off ? ( might be a real dumb question )

Should be doing some trimming of bad leaves and stems, and a scrub of my glass so I can accually get a few good pictures. I will get them up soon..

Attachments

• DSC02092.jpg
    DSC02092.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02093.jpg
    DSC02093.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02097.jpg
    DSC02097.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 61
Those roots are perfectly normal on stem plants, although some do tend to form them more than others. Just leave them be. They'll make it easier when it's time to top and replant the stems.

Back
Top Bottom