Starting a 20gal planted tank...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maymaycares

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I picked up my used 20gal aquarium today. The light is a lavender-ish color and the man who sold it to me said it's for growing plants (which was exactly what I'd like to do, but I was just planning on doing a lowlight tank because I didn't think I could afford the bulb or keep up with the plants) but did not know anything else about it. Anyways I think I'll just stick to lowlight because I've never had a planted aquarium before. I did some research and decided I wanted to get a driftwood piece that would take up the length of my tank, but I won't be back to the beach in a few weeks. If I added plants, would I be able to put the driftwood in after the fact or should I wait? Also I would really like a carpet of something like dwarf baby tears but they're high light, is there anything else that would make a great carpet?

ALSO, I don't think I can afford to have a co2 system, or is there a cheap and easy way?

excel is another good option too for co2. what type of lighting do you have now? a option would be CFL bulbs if you want to get more light into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom