Starting a new Chi - need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok well how about helping me out guys only tried the plant thing once an it didn't turn out all that great I'm starting a new tank after getting rid of all mine because I had to move into a apartment so now I'm going with a Fluval chi I know this is a vary small tank but any plants or grass u would recommend?

Btw was going to put a pair of Apistogramma cacatuoides in it

That tank is way too small for a single apisto let alone a pair.

I have a chi, and your options are fairly limited because the LED lighting really only shines directly down in the center. I did fill mine with java moss and it looked o.k. I tried the mesh thing with it first, but noticed that some of the fish and shrimp would get caught under it, so I removed it and just sprinkled some gravel on top of the moss to weigh it down. After a month or so it attached itself.

This pic doesn't show the entire tank but it does show the java moss growth after a month or so

img_1358405_0_4603c2ce523ac623fe5c6628eadf23f6.jpg

I was thinking of getting the edge but have heard bad things about it any ideas on a different tank I'm trying to stay under 10gal because of the living in a apartment thing but would really like to get some more Apistogramma cacatuoides would kill to get some more discus

But the discus will come later when i can get into a house

even a 10g is really too small for apistos as a permanent home. There are some other nano species that would work well. scarlet gem badis come to mind. I'm moving the betta out of my Chi and putting in some gulf coast pygmy sunfish.

Yea I had mine in 20 gals when I had them now that I think about it

I was thinking of getting the edge but have heard bad things about it any ideas on a different tank I'm trying to stay under 10gal because of the living in a apartment thing but would really like to get some more Apistogramma cacatuoides would kill to get some more discus

What bad things? The Edge is a cool and pretty simple tank to deal with IMO

Was told they are hard to clean and the water gets bubbles at the top of the tank they only put light more toward the center because of the lights being under the smaller top and there halogen lights that need to be replaced with led because of the bulbs they heat the tank in layers

But I just talked to my girl friend and she was the one that talked to the apartment manger and she said the last person that rented had a huge tank so I'm going to go with a 20L I think

thras said:
But I just talked to my girl friend and she was the one that talked to the apartment manger and she said the last person that rented had a huge tank so I'm going to go with a 20L I think

So I can get some Apistogramma cacatuoides

Back
Top Bottom