Starting a planted aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a 55 gal jebo r2100. I would like to know how I could get plants in it looking good . I curretly have 7 plants. I want to make my tank look stunning with plants. Please would u guys tell me like what highest i need and the position. ThnKs

Not exactly sure what you are asking for...

What kind of plants do you currently have in the tank?

What kind of lighting do you have over the tank? (type of bulb, wattage, duration per day, color temperature)

Are you injecting CO2? Are you using an fertilizer?

Are you saying your plants now aren't looking good, or you are looking to expand?

If you cannot id your plants or aren't sure what you have, some pics of the plants you have will help.

Ok I currently have two amazon plants and two grasses but others I don't know . My plants are looking great but indont inject CO2 or put fertilizer because all the fertilizers vie seen say they may be harmful to discus and I have discus. I will post another reply as to what my light details r. All i am looking for is how to expand and create a nice looking abd healthy enviroment to my discus.

Ok, pics would help. Are they amazon swords? There are a lot of grass-like plants, but most of them require a lot of TLC to survive. There are also a few grass like plants that are not truely aquatic. The first step will making sure what you have can survive long term... which will depend heavily on an exact id of the species, and the details about your lighting. How long have they been in the tank?

Alright lighting details tomoz and yes amazon swords they been in tank for About 4 weeks. And how I post photos?

I've always liked banana plants and dwarf baby tears are a good front tank plant. Are your grasses vals? Vals are pretty hardy and look great. Beware of tube plants

I agree with danger. Banana plants are great. They create an interesting effect with their surface dwelling leaves. Baby tear is a nice foreground plant but requires lots of light and care. Swords are good for mid to background. It all really depends on your lighting as far as what plants will be good for your aquarium. Props on keeping some discus! Dainty lil fellows...

Thanks guys i looked at store but the store doesn't have any banana plants or baby tear. Oh and sorry bout light totally forgot

Back
Top Bottom