Staurogyne Repens Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nelsontreyjones

Aquarium Advice Activist
I haven been noticing that the leaves on my Staurogyne Repens are getting these white spots.
img_2534387_0_a022a84046f5b9ffa5c5bba070e23e68.jpg

img_2534387_1_f95589c385e1ba25a6fa1040b0336f00.jpg

I'm not sure whats is causing it, not sure if this is a deficiency. I have recently change from pool filter sand to eco complete bout two months ago and change my bulbs to Geisemann bulbs maybe about a month ago. And for some reason either my Amano Shrimp are nibbling on the leaves. Is there anything I can do beside removing them from the tank?

I have be dosing the same

Monday
Micro*(10 mL)

Tuesday
Phosphate*( 5 mL)
Iron (5 mL)

Wednesday
Micro*(10 mL)

Thursday
Phosphate*( 5 mL)
Iron (5 mL)

Friday
Micro*(10 mL)

Saturday
Water Change
Sulphate (1 Tsp)

Sunday
Phosphate*( 5 mL)
Iron (5 mL)

Any Ideas?

I don't have experience with that species but could be a nutrient deficiency or just adjusting to new substrate and lighting. In my experience moving plants usually causes a die off of leaves while adjusting. I would just trim dying leaves and let the plant bounce back.

Just noticed, are you dosing/using CO2?

I don't have experience with that species but could be a nutrient deficiency or just adjusting to new substrate and lighting. In my experience moving plants usually causes a die off of leaves while adjusting. I would just trim dying leaves and let the plant bounce back.

Just noticed, are you dosing/using CO2?

Yes using Co2. Drop checker is a Green, dialed it back from yellow. I'm hoping that is what It is, I have lost maybe 20% of them to this. Never had this problem when I first added them.

The more I look at the picture it almost looks like a phosphate deficiency.

There is nothing you can do about the amano shrimp plant nibbling. What "might" help is putting in a very small number of cooked, deshelled, peas so they get more greens. Also blanching a zucchini slice, tie it to a rock, and lay it on the bottom of the tank for them to munch on.

Back
Top Bottom