Stepping it up - Switching from DIY CO2 to Pressurized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegosh said:
Like I said before, eventually I ditched them and went with a powered reactor. I think it was the Red Sea 500 if I remember correctly. It is a bit unsightly but if you can hide it in a corner it isn't too bad.

I don't think hiding it in my jungle will be a problem, but yet another $50 is hard to swallow, let alone get it past the wife. One of these days though

Time for another stupid question. How yellow does the drop checker actually get? I have the drop checker with the 4dkh solution and API ph test drops set up. With the old DIY system I was able to get a nice deep green, and I've been dialing in the needle valve and I've gotten the solution to a lime green color. If its too high will it actually turn to a true yellow color? I don't notice any gasping by the fish, so I'm not worried, but still want to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• image-1954974470.jpg
    image-1954974470.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 48
Yes it will turn straight yellow. Lime green is on the high side but I like it on the high side.

Look at your pH test kit's color card. That's exactly how yellow it gets.

As far as preferred level with respect to drop checker color, I am now recommending using moderate levels rather than higher levels as I have recently been having issues with regards to high co2 levels. Starting lower also helps your fish adapt to higher levels of co2.

Back
Top Bottom