Still a problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some thing else came to mind reading this, others more knowledgable need to jump in.
When Flourish is used to treat algae, isn't a dropper or straw used to put a few drops directly on the algae rather than dosing the tank?

Thats just it, I'm not sure. I've also heard of hydrogen peroxide drops on it. Whats wierd is I've redone the substrate and just got home to find that a lot of the green hair algae I had is now red.???

algae will explode in growth in a day but it wont go away just as fast. it takes a little work and patience. the straw/dropper trick works to put more concentration on the algae but with as much hair algae as he had you might as well dose the whole tank. are you sure it's not turning brown? it may be dieing.

Strange but this stuff has turned bright red. Here you can see the green does not look near as healthy as it was before the change. But the algae that turned red looks healthy as can be. BTW my Ram thought he'd say "hi" during that shot of the green algae.

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg