Still unsure how to resolve my algae issues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spot dose with a syringe, but that would be the max dose. Treating twice a day with up to 2 mL/gal would be better, and it's entirely possible that you're not going to need the whole dose if you can apply enough to the affected areas to be satisfied.

Just buy the gallon of metricide and join the club;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A cheaper, stronger alternative to excel..on amazon.. 2x strength of excel

I use it in my 10,20,29 soon to be 12" tall 26.. I'll surely need it then with my homemade way to bright cfl's..

How safe is it to use? How do you dose it?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just cut it 4:1 with distilled water.(I'm tired, 75% metricide). I use my old excel bottle and dose about the same as recommended excel dose..
It's as safe as excel, people have gone way overboard with no I'll effects, Baring inverts of course

It's basically the same thing as Excel. There are a number of other products on the market that publish their components freely; it's the same stuff. Seachem doesn't publish the ingredients of it's products, but independent analysis showed that it was glut.

I do have red cherry shrimp and snails. Excel and metricide is safe?

I still do t think I will use it until I am well I to the tank and still can get the desired result. For.now I will try the changes I have spoke about and see how that goes.

I have all types of snails, rcs, amanos, rams, apistos, rummy nosed tetras, more rams, some snails I've never seen before..

Back
Top Bottom