stocking 10G heavily planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yah I guess u could sell them. I never considered them getting sucked into the filter tho. Thank god for AA lol

Tcal01 said:
Oh yah I guess u could sell them. I never considered them getting sucked into the filter tho. Thank god for AA lol

Yeah haha adults won't get sucked in, but baby's will unless you have tons of hiding spaces and floatin plants. You could also just get luk and have some survive. Not to mention I've seen even RCS go up to 2.99 to 3.99 a piece when they're adult size. So even if you do end up raising babies, you could just make some money off of them haha

Tcal01 said:

I also forgot to mention, if you do want to raise babies, yo might want to get some filter floss to put around your filter intake or you could just get a sponge filter lol but I'll post a pic of my filter intake tomm so you know what one looks like.

Ive been lucky so far with my shrimplets. When they are really small they stay mostly in the plants and moss wall, which is away from the filter intake. My plan is to sell them locally once the tank becomes overrun. Such an incredible creature to watch though!

I have a Fluval sponge prefilter over my HOB filter intake. Fits perfect and my shrimp graze on it. I just rinse it out if it gets clogged. It's black so it blends perfectly.

I gave away my extra Shrimp to club members as a way to Pay it Forward.

Donkey Gun said:
Ive been lucky so far with my shrimplets. When they are really small they stay mostly in the plants and moss wall, which is away from the filter intake. My plan is to sell them locally once the tank becomes overrun. Such an incredible creature to watch though!

Wow that's pretty good! I wanted to incorporate a moss wall in to my 10, but I don't have anymore room what so ever haha so I made a floating moss ball out of a bio ball, some string, and java moss. That's a pretty good plan btw. I'm probably going to do the same, but not for a very long time. My tank was made for shrimp. I agree! I love shrimp. I've always been fascinated by invertebrates for some reason haha

Coursair said:
I have a Fluval sponge prefilter over my HOB filter intake. Fits perfect and my shrimp graze on it. I just rinse it out if it gets clogged. It's black so it blends perfectly.

I gave away my extra Shrimp to club members as a way to Pay it Forward.

I wanted to do the same, but for right now I just attached some filter floss over my Aquaclear 50 right now. It works ok for the time being.

That's pretty cool. What club are you in? I've always wanted to join a fishkeeping club, wether it be saltwater or fresh haha I've actually had no luck finding one.

Austin.b said:
I wanted to do the same, but for right now I just attached some filter floss over my Aquaclear 50 right now. It works ok for the time being.

That's pretty cool. What club are you in? I've always wanted to join a fishkeeping club, wether it be saltwater or fresh haha I've actually had no luck finding one.

So far I'm a member of
San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society (over 300 members and growing)
I've made some great friends and met some really knowledgeable people.

I will be joining the San Francisco Aquarium Society when I get extra money.
And perhaps the Silicon Valley Aquarium Society. I'm lucky to live near some amazing groups !

Austin.b said:

Also you can always use panty hose and rubber bands IF you have those handy to keep your filter Shrimplet or Fry free.

Austin you live near SCAPE !!!
Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts !!
http://www.scapeclub.org/

They could tell you of other clubs in the area. There is a Saltwater tank club in SoCal.

The San Francisco aquarium society is right near me and I'm thinking of joining. Especially because all my lfs give a 10 % discount on everything if you r a memeber. They also have an auction for both fish and plants every month. There was no rule about nubes joining either, pheewf lol

Tcal01 said:
The San Francisco aquarium society is right near me and I'm thinking of joining. Especially because all my lfs give a 10 % discount on everything if you r a memeber. They also have an auction for both fish and plants every month. There was no rule about nubes joining either, pheewf lol

Yeah SFAS and SFBAAPS are both good. Many of my plant club members are also members of SFAS and SVAS. I meant to join SFAS in December, just didn't yet.

One thing I was confuses about with the sfas, cuz it wasn't very clear on their website, is dobthey meet in the fort Mason center or the CAS.

Tcal01 said:
One thing I was confuses about with the sfas, cuz it wasn't very clear on their website, is dobthey meet in the fort Mason center or the CAS.

I went to Fort Mason in December. CAS is a very special field trip. I wanted to join for that behind the scenes tour ;) as well as the auctions and meets.

Austin.b said:
Do you guys think you can post a pic of your tank? I'm curious :)

Sure thing, we all love showing off our tanks! LOL.

Here's a full tank shot for ya! But I have at least 25 photos of my 10gallon in my photo albums if you go my profile, you. an check it out!

Attachments

• image-784994954.jpg
    image-784994954.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 67
But where do they meet normally on a month to month basis. And thumbs up on the tank donkeygun that moss wall looks awesome

Back
Top Bottom