Stocking help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I currently have a 110 litre (25 gallon) tropical aquarium established for 18 months. The tank is heavily planted with an Interpet' CF Easy Care Filtration System. In the tank I currently have 3 bronze corydoras, 2 rummy nose tetras, 2 glass catfish, 5 Amano shrimp, 4 Pakistani loaches and 3 assasin snails. The reasons for the low numbers of each type of fish is due to previously having more of each in a larger tank for about 3 years previously, with some dying of old age, meaning the remaining fish were moved into my 110 litre tank when I moved house. I was looking for some advice on stocking levels, and if it would be possible to add any neon tetras as that is what I’d like to add? If so how many? Thanks

I usually stick with the rule of 1 inch of adult sized fish per gallon.
Shrimp don't seem to have much bioload so you could probably no include them in our calculations.

I also wouldn't worry about those assassin snails either when calculating bioload since there are so few

Hi, I currently have a 110 litre (25 gallon) tropical aquarium established for 18 months. The tank is heavily planted with an Interpet' CF Easy Care Filtration System. In the tank I currently have 3 bronze corydoras, 2 rummy nose tetras, 2 glass catfish, 5 Amano shrimp, 4 Pakistani loaches and 3 assasin snails. The reasons for the low numbers of each type of fish is due to previously having more of each in a larger tank for about 3 years previously, with some dying of old age, meaning the remaining fish were moved into my 110 litre tank when I moved house. I was looking for some advice on stocking levels, and if it would be possible to add any neon tetras as that is what I’d like to add? If so how many? Thanks

Use the website aqadvisor.com it's great for figuring out stocking. You can type in the dimensions of your tank, the type of filter you're running and your current stocking. It'll tell you all kinds of information like your stocking percentage, temperature you should keep your fish at, compatible species, and more. As far as the neon tetras go I'd look at water it says your filtration capacity is at your current stocking. Then just keep adding Neons to the list until you've reached close to 100%. If you have any questions let me know. I wouldn't use this website as the definite answer however. If it visually looks overstocked, you're creating algae, or fish are dying. Then clearly you'd need to rethink the stocking.

Back
Top Bottom