Stockinh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am going to get a 40, possibly within the next week if plans work out. Want it to be a planted community. Thinking..

7 glo lights from my 10g
5 bumble bee gobys
2 dwarf angels
And then what?

Many fish shops will keep bb gobies in non-brackish tanks. They are indeed brackish fish.

Also, planted brackish tanks are more difficult, or at least more limited, than fw ones.

Ohh they aree? Haha they were in freshwater, thats why they looked unhappy!! Ok skip those suckers! Any other ideas?

If you're a goby fan maybe you would instead like peacock gudgeons. Maybe some cory cats for the bottom? You could do a trio of pitbull plecos as well, or another type of dwarf pleco.

I was thinking some bristlenose plecos? Also you do need gravel for plants to grow?

Plants will grow in either inert gravel or sand. You'll have more success with special plant friendly substrate (flourite, eco complete, etc).

I second the motion for cories, especially if you have sand.

2 angels
7 glo light tetras
1 featherfin catfish
Couple loaches maybe kuhuli

Would that work?

I would skip any catfish that is potentially 8". I think that's too big for a 40. The others would be great though. Kuhli's do best in groups of atleast 5 and they need a smooth substrate for burrowing. :)

Back
Top Bottom