Stuck on what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodOSoot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, didn't want to pay for Eco Complete so I got 50 pounds of playsand.

Transfered my other tank with seeded filter and just got another.

So we have

5 Danios(2 Zebra, 3 Long Fin Blue)
2 Clown Loaches
3 Cory Cats
3 Baby Guppys(Parents died a bit back)
Cherry Shrimp

All in a 29 gal.

Have some clippings in there now but want opinions on what else I could stock and what plants would work with a 65 watt PC light which I plan on putting in.

I don't wanna go DIY CO2 right now but dosing would be no problem as I does Flourish now twice a week.

I have dirftwood just haven't decieded how to arrange it yet plus a fake rock structure.

Any ideas...I was just gonna buy a plant package online.

If you add that light you should be around a meduim light tank. That means you have a lot of choices of plants to choose from. I have scoped out the plant packages online, but decided to go the route of checking the lfs and buying one at a time.

I would go for low light plants to start though, as they are easier and less subject to frustrating plant problems.

I started with wisteria, which is a FAST growing plant. I have had sucess with it, but I have also seen plant problems as well, and it takse some tinkering with the ferts to get problems sovled sometimes, but it always turns around quickly.

Good luck.

playsand is NOT a good choice for plant substrates. way too fine, so it compacts tightly and will likely smother plant roots.

Pool filter sand is a better choice, and if I were you I'd swap out for it right now before you get too far along.

Back
Top Bottom