substrate confusion (tech)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gone fishin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone tell me the relationship between arconite, p2so4, and profile?Get me started and I'll clarify

Profile is a substrate. From what I was able to find arconite and K2SO4 are the same thing and supply potassium to the plants.

Not from what I was able to discover on Google. If you enter arconite you come up with links to sites that say arconite is K2SO4.

Profile is a baked clay product.

Arconite is a baked clay product sold by profile to pot plants in an outdoor pond says ph nuetral will not change water chem 100% arconite

What company manufactures/distributes it? It's funny it did not come up on my Google search.

My internet has been :cry: messed up for like 3 days. It's a common company but I dont remember-I'll check.

Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil-it even comes in a 50# bag for $13

Big oval on front says profile.

I'm hoping I can claim short term memory loss on this - after close scrutiny on the bag it says arcillite.

Arcillite - calcined, montmorillonite clay.

Montmorillonite - one of the major components of bentonite and fuller's earth. Hydrous aluminum silicate with a considerable capacity for exchanging part of the aluminum for Mg and bases. High natural adsorptive power. Good CEC.

http://home.infinet.net/teban/jamie.htm

I was thinking arcolite after searching for pmdd

Back
Top Bottom