Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
tankshots002.jpg

I'd had this setup running for a while now. It's a 29gal with a 65watt 6700k PC light on it, I've also got a 2lr co2 generator on it. I've moved everything around so many times, but I don't really like any of the configurations all that much. I wish I had access to a larger variety of plants, but the pet stores around here don't really carry much of anything. Believe it or not there is actually some driftwood under all of those java fern. I've been thinking of getting a bigger/taller driftwood piece. They have some decent ones at the lfs.

Anyway, just looking for some input, also, if anyone could help me identify the some of the plants that would be super. I seem to have forgotten what a lot of them are. :rolleyes:

Well, I got bored and decided to mess with it today. I decided it was all really overcrowded and flat looking, so I thinned things out and gave it a little bit of open foreground.

img0994.jpg

I would get the larger DW and thin down the Java fern, leaving the middle more open. If you want different plants post what your looking for in the classified forum below or maybe you copuld also post in the barter and trade forum below. Someone might want someof that Java fern.
Well that is my opinon but good luck in whatever you decide maybeon of the planted tank experts will respond soon and give you some better sugestions.

I was considering getting some kind of ground cover plant as well for the front open area...maybe glosso or something. I don't have any experience with ground cover plants though.

Masilea sp. (Clover) or HC might make a nice foreground for you. I've heard varying success with lower light levels and HC, so it may or may not work out for you.

Keep an eye on the classifieds and barter/trade section. With the weather warming up more people will be offering up their trimmings. You could also check the online vendors. Charley (Lowcoaster on Aquabid) and AquariumPlants.com a couple of good options.

Oh and don't forget to ask your LFS if they're able to special order them. A lot of times they can get more plants than they usually carry, but they don't bother ordering them since they didn't sell well in the past.

I like how you opened it up. Larger driftwood might be nice. Sometimes it helps the flow if you have the right shape. :)

Back
Top Bottom