Suggestions and Ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Draco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

been about 2 years since I came onto this site. Had a small reef, and upgraded it to a larger tank. I set up my 9 gal eheim tank as a FW planted less than a year ago. this past weekend it crashed.. not entirely sure what happened, but I lost everything in the tank. I think the nerite snails died and leeched an insane amount of ammonia into the tank.

Anyway, I recently cleaned out the tank entirely, gave the eco-complete substrate a good cleaning.. rinsed the plants, rocks and wood and reset it back up. I may need to move the driftwood as it's not very stable. I am in process of re-cycling it- so in the mean time, lets do some research and planning!

I have a finnex planted + (12"). Dosing with excel each day, and have root tabs for the plants.

Here's the suggestions/ideas I am looking for:
• How does the scape look? any suggestions?
• What are some good small-medium red plants to break up the green?
• What are some small plants I can attach to the driftwood?

• I am thinking about adding some RCS and other shrimps of the variety- what are some good tank mates to go with them?
• What are some unique fish I could add, if I decide not to get shrimps?
• If I go the shrimp route, any suggestions on how I can ensure they won't go carpet surfing? The back of the tank has small opening thanks to the air tube and heater cord.. I can't cut the glass top to make it fit.

This is a cube tank, there's really not a whole lot of ground space- especially when I add more plants, I am not sure if pygmy cories would be a good choice.

p2lipwf.jpg

k90GDvX.jpg

1G52DSV.jpg

First, I'm sorry your tank crashed. That's frustrating. :(

This looks like a real good restart, though. I might switch the places of the wisteria on the right with the sag (?) behind the wood. to create more of a wisteria grove and mag he sag more visible.

In the front, I'd be tempted to leave that open space on the substrate as it is, other than spreading the few rocks out.

I love that driftwood, btw. (y)

I re-arranged two of the plants.. I like it better.

opinions?

N0kxhmI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom