Sunset Hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sunset Hygrophila (Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig') This is a very attractive plant, that I would be interested in getting for my tanks. I thought I read somewhere that its on the noxious weed list, therefore it can't be obtained. Obviously, I'm responsible with my plants and plant trimmings and would not release it into the wild. Believe me, I have seen the problems that can occur with an invasive species such as the asian carp that overwhelm the Illinois river. I'm not sure I'm if I'm able to put this in the classified section since I'm not sure if this plant can even be shipped. If anyone could provide some clarification, it would be much appreciated.

If you can find someone who has it in your state you can buy it (I'm pretty sure) but it can't be shipped across state lines. There are a ton of non green plants that color up every bit as nicely. I know my 220g is loaded with them.

If you can find someone who has it in your state you can buy it (I'm pretty sure) but it can't be shipped across state lines. There are a ton of non green plants that color up every bit as nicely. I know my 220g is loaded with them.

Thank you Rivercats for the clarification. Do you have any suggestions on some of the more colorful plants that color up like that?

Thanks!

Thank you Rivercats for the clarification. Do you have any suggestions on some of the more colorful plants that color up like that?

Thanks!

For red color:

Rotala Macrandra, R. Macranda Super Red, and R. Macrandra Japan Red, oh R. Macrandra Varigated. Rotala Wallichii, Rotala Mini Butterfly, many of the Ludwigia's with my favorites being L. Atlantis (orange red under high light and high phosphates), L. Senegalesis, L. Panatal (orange red as Atlantis), Rotala Sunset, Alternanthera reineckii Mini, and Proserpinaca palustris. I have all but the R. Macrandra Super Red. But remember you need high or very high light, low nitrates 10ppm, and higher phosphates (I run mine 5-10ppm) in order to achieve the best color. The two most intense almost neon in color intensity in my tank are the Ludwigia Atlantis and Ludwigia Panatnal.

Back
Top Bottom