Sunshine is better than any aquarium light!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning, when sunshine is directly upon one corner of my tank, I see my small Corkscrew Vals expel many tiny oxygen bubbles continuously. It is amazing. However, when the sun moved away and under my 4wpg PC lights only, I have never seen similar things. The photosynthesis is way much slower.

If not due to algae problem or weather issue, I think the sun light is better than any aquarium light for plant growth.

On a side note to this, I get very limited amounts of sunlight on my planted 75g when the sun first rises (for maybe 10-15mins total), and I have never seen my fish sparkle as much as they do then - I have to get some pics! I haven't seen any of my plants do the bubble thing though, but then again, I have been focusing on my rainbows and diamond tetras and rosy barbs!

I agree. The whole tank always looks better when naturally lighted, but camera shots are easier tot ake when only the tank is light, which is from artificial lighting.

Back
Top Bottom