Survey: How Much Glut Do You Dose Daily?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to bump this. It's old. I was just searching about glut dosing, I feel good with mine but was curious what other people do. I dose straight metricide 60ml per day in my 112G-ish system. I've never lost a fish to that AFAIK and have stuff like Otos and a GBR.

I didn't realize they disliked glut so much at TPT? I think here is where I learned I could dose it so high!

I still get GSA and GDA =/ But I no longer get any BBA (had it bad for a while), and never any hair algae. By all accounts i should get BBA because I dose EI and have very high light but no injected CO2, so I have to assume it's the Glut that does the job.

Have any of you guys on this thread previously, increased your dose any more?

Also have any of you converted to CO2, and did you continue to dose Glut, and how much?

Last edited:
My setup is pressurized&I continue to dose glut to aid in combatting algae at 10 ml's daily..

sit in silence

My setup is pressurized&I continue to dose glut to aid in combatting algae at 10 ml's daily..

sit in silence

+1, though the glut is not added in a consistent manner (I forget to do so some days). When I do remember, I dose around 10 mL of diluted glut (1:1) in a 20g long.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to bump this. It's old. I was just searching about glut dosing, I feel good with mine but was curious what other people do. I dose straight metricide 60ml per day in my 112G-ish system. I've never lost a fish to that AFAIK and have stuff like Otos and a GBR.

I didn't realize they disliked glut so much at TPT? I think here is where I learned I could dose it so high!

I still get GSA and GDA =/ But I no longer get any BBA (had it bad for a while), and never any hair algae. By all accounts i should get BBA because I dose EI and have very high light but no injected CO2, so I have to assume it's the Glut that does the job.

Have any of you guys on this thread previously, increased your dose any more?

Also have any of you converted to CO2, and did you continue to dose Glut, and how much?
They are strange over in tpt. Its funny how some of the stronger minded heavy posters can shape a community to like and dislike things.

For example, back when i joined the forum everyone absolutely HATED the idea of fish in cycling and over the 2ish years ive been here its been a constant battle to get the process to become more accepted but a few others and myself seem to have made some headway :)

Back
Top Bottom