surviving but not growing, what wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok 10 gallon tank

No CO2, but dose excel

NO3 = 20 ppm

PO4 = 3 ppm

dosing KNO3, KH2PO4, KSO4 and CSM+B according EI recommended w/75% pwc per week

in habitants = 1 Dwarf Puffer and 1 Sumo Loach

lighting = 2 20 watt U-shaped compact fluorescent bulbs

i am also always fighting Cyno bacteria, but can not tie to NO3 dropping out as i dose enough, and although test kit 100% accurate (AP Dropper test) i am sure it is more the zero.

filtration is AquaClear 30

i have not noticed any signs of deficiency

considering i am dosing EI i should have more then enough of nutrients and the CO2 or lighting must be my limiting factor
ideas?

I have nothing that is tested, as I have uptake issues of my own. I wonder if upping your nitrate to something around 40 would be advisable? We keep hearing that at 20ppm or less, our test kits are not reliable, maybe try getting up past that mark and see what happens.

If the Cyno is localized to certain areas of the tank, it could be a flow issue where those areas are dead spots. As a result the nutrient would be quickly depleated in those areas leading to cyno or other problems. Adjusting the filter output or adding a small waterpump will fix the problem.

Purrbox said:
If the Cyno is localized to certain areas of the tank, it could be a flow issue where those areas are dead spots. As a result the nutrient would be quickly depleated in those areas leading to cyno or other problems. Adjusting the filter output or adding a small waterpump will fix the problem.
the cyno grows in the direct flow from the filter, the highest flow area in the tank IMO, Strange i know 8O

Back
Top Bottom