Sword plant...what am I doing wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigQFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
This sword is probably 1 1/2-2 years old, in a dirted tank. It shoots out new leaves about once per week, but this happens to each leaf after a few weeks. I dose 2 times a week, once with seachem comprehensive and once with leaf zone. I also use liquid carbon a few times a week.
Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418437681.228923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Root tabs. The swords are heavy root feeders and wont get most the liquid ferts you use. Also, what is your lighting situation?

Dose more often than just the 2 times per week. Plant needs more nutrients.

I say root tabs also! I had one that wasn't doing so hot- I was doing liquid ferts and excel and I had root tabs but for my big sword I had to add more tabs sooner than directions said under it.

Is it possible to add to many root tabs?

If the tabs have a lot of iron yes, but id recommend putting a couple close by. In a couple months come back to it.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it possible to add to many root tabs?

Well, when I started my Rimless 10g I layered DIY Root Caps all along the bottom [emoji12]
About every 2"

Tank was fine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418672920.288580.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418672864.867848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418672864.867848.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 55
It's low light, but I love it. It is an Archaea fixture. They are not cheap. I have 2 ADA retailers within an hour.
Aqua Forest in San Francisco and Neptune's in San Jose. Mine was orig around $80 ? I got in on sale for I think $50 or $60.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not even terrible.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom