T4 6400k Bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

College Kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
What types of plants can a T4 6400k bulb actually support? Is that low inensity light, or what? I only have 2 swords and an anubias plant now, as im still just testing out a planted setup in my smallest tank. Any input would be appreciated as i know very little about aquarium plants. Btw, its a desk lamp bulb.

:thanks:

Can you link the bulb? 6.5k would be a plant bulb, but never heard anyone use a t4 bulb to grow plants.

Can't link it, sorry. Like I said in my original post, it's a desk lamp that i repurposed for my 5.5g tank. To be honest, I don't even know what the T4 means. I first mentioned this light in another thread months ago when I first set up the tank and ppl on here said itd work after hearing that it was 6400k, but I didn't get any more info. I can take a pic later (on phone now) if you guys think that'll help.

If its just a 5.5g then I think it should be fine. I read recently that as long as swords have nutrients they don't need the higher light. It's hard to say how many watts it is though.

Alright cool. Thanks! Since the anubias is doing alright, and the swords seem relatively fine, what other plants can I possibly expand to? Also, what does the T4 actually mean?

Back
Top Bottom