T8 17w LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEDLight

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some advice for a planted aquarium. I have a 55 gallon rectangular fish tank -the very common ones you can buy at any pet store. I'm not sure about the lighting, substrate, or fertilizations I have running on the tank at the moment.

Sorry for asking the same questions as other people have. I've done some researching but have not really had luck finding info on the lights and figure I'd just ask about fert and substrate too.

I have a dual 48" T8 shop light running 2 17w 5000k LED tubes. I am running some flourish root tabs in sand substrate and liquid CO2. I've only had my plants in the tank for a few days but I've noticed that they are turning transparent and flimsy.

Did I do something wrong or are these just new aquarium setup symptoms?
Are these LED lights good enough and am I using the correct substrate and root tabs?

I forgot to mention, the plants in my aquarium are Narrow Leaf Chain Swords and Water Wisteria. The Chain Swords are turning transparent and flimsy and the Water Wisteria's leaf corners are folding downwards.

Last edited:
Here 2 images of my tank and the planet. I know the plant in the back isn't supposed to be fully submerged but I found out a little late.
AABH_WjiHiF8m5o_ChSoGwbDa

Back
Top Bottom