Tank carpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys! This is my first post on this category! Woo! Anyways I'm looking for a good carpet for my 30g tank. I have two t8 bulbs? Is that any help? Anything which will grow in medium light and also won't require ferts. Levels are good 0 a 0nitrite and 5 trate. 27c

Hi guys! This is my first post on this category! Woo! Anyways I'm looking for a good carpet for my 30g tank. I have two t8 bulbs? Is that any help? Anything which will grow in medium light and also won't require ferts. Levels are good 0 a 0nitrite and 5 trate. 27c

I too am interested in the answer to this question.

I'd say 4 leaf water clover, Marsilea Mutica. It should do okay without ferts and can even handle low light. Micro swords "might" work but not too sure they would without ferts. BTW how are those adorible little black cories?

How about fissidens fontanus? I really like that one. The 3 black Cories are growing nicely. Really active as well.

Fissidens might work, mine grow in the dimmest area of the tank. It grows slow normally but with less light it will just grow slower.

I have brought riccia fluitans. It won't be here for a few days but I'm excited! Anyone know anything about these.

It floats, can make good fry cover, needs to be tied down if you want it down in the tank, and when trimming be sure to have a net handy to catch all the little pieces so they don't go all over your tank. It also melts with any type of liquid carbon.

Ricca is usually attached to driftwood or rocks... making it carpet would be next to impossible. You could maybe do it with mesh and a LOT of patience.

Riccia also likes higher light so floating it might be best in a lower light tank. If you have a lid on your tank you might have to lower you water level alittle. I have also seen some really striking DW and rocks that had Riccia tied onto. I'm not too sure I'd try a carpet. I remember watching a you tube clip of someone who had a large piece of riccia tied onto a piece of DW and the riccia got so big it actually floated the DW right to the top of the tank. So if you do tie it to something be sure to keep it trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom