Tank Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got tired of trying capture still pics of my tank so I took a video. I apologize for the crappy quality, I used my camera and it doesn't do video well. Enjoy :)

*** CAUTION ***

The following link is a bit over 100MB so it may take some time to download. If you've got the bandwidth and the time you might like it :D

http://dump.fibervault.com/Tank_Vid_050806.mpg

That is so awesome. Of course it was downloading for so long that I totally forgot about it until your voice started talking to me from out of the blue. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on, and then I had to rewind so that I could actually see the whole thing.

The video definately helps to show the beauty of the tank. One step closer to actually seeing it in person. I can't imagine the number of hours you must spend just sitting back and enjoying the tank.

I can hardly wait to see this tank again after a month or two when it's filled in.

Thanks Joy, I'm so glad you like it :)

I do spend most of my time at home just sitting on my butt watching the tank. It's way better than TV. Drop in a few chunks of food and relax :p

If anyone out there is in the Denver area, you're more than welcome to come over and visit. I'd love to start a plant club here but haven't been able to find anyone else who's into it.

That Crinium calamastrata (sp?) does look cool. I think the H. polysperma "Rosanervig" to Limnophila “ Corkscrew ” behind P. stellata "Broad-leaf" is going to look really great. Very neat planter.

Great great tank Travis. Thanks for the vid.

Really cool tank. I have zero aquascaping skills, so I'm constantly amazed by what I see on these forums. The video does it more justice than the still pictures do.

One tip for shrinking your file size that is pretty easy. You should be able to open it in windows movie maker and then reencode it. You can probably cut a decent chunk off of the size without losing any quality at all. Better movie editing software may have an anit-shake type thing, but movie maker doesnt. If nothing else it could cut down on the file size a bit.

Wow! The video is a work of art, this is the first time I've seen all of the fish at one time. This will certainly help dispel the "myth" regarding Africans and planted tanks once and for all.

The phrase "Seeing is believing" comes to mind. :)

Note: I won't mention the look of the tank, I'd hate to sound repititious.

Very cool!! My wife even watched! I can barely get her to look at my tanks these days, she thinks I'm a big geek, which of course, I am! Thanks for taking the time, very inspiring, really love the multiple levels. Might give that a try next time round.

Downloading now...cant wait to see it

Glenc said:
Very cool!! My wife even watched! I can barely get her to look at my tanks these days, she thinks I'm a big geek, which of course, I am!

LOL , That sounds very familiar. My wife and friends think I am a massive geek...hehe, I dont deny it!

Ok just watched it....Amazing!!! I think thats the coolest tank I've seen...so many cichlids, It does provide a whole different perspective than still shots. Those plants are incredible. Love the background too ,very nice effect....gathering ideas, gathering, gathering :)

Back
Top Bottom