Telanthera Cardinalis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
So yeah I went in to Petsmart yesterday and I am trying for a second time with this plant. The batch I got before well lets just say I learned not to just pick up which ever box of plants. So I guess what I am asking is, does batch of plants look like it will make it this time? Here is a few pictures of them

Alternanthera require high light and CO2 almost always. At best, you will get them to survive for awhile with less but it won't retain any color other than pale green. I've killed my share....

I will cross my fingers then I have diy co2 high lights and I am dosing glut. So maybe I have a shot at them! The first batch had little to no color. Do need rootabs or can I get away with just dosing flourish? I have them for my swords I am just worried about over dosing the ferts.

I'd go with the tabs, but either would probably do. It sounds like you've got a great shot at it! Keep us posted. What type of lighting are you running?

I'm not sure that I would call alternanthera reineckii "high light" or CO2 dependant. Like most plants, those are needed to get the vibrant, lush growth you see in pictures online. With T5HO and glut, you should be able to keep it alive at the very least.

Just another fan of this plant wishing you luck! I am trying them for the second time also I have new growth ,but it is green instead of red because of lighting:((Trying to upgrade now).

I just picked some up last week; first time with this plant. Yes, there can be quite a variation in the condition of the plants in the Topfin tissue/gel pack plants. Initially the upper surfaces of the leaves were dark brown but newer leaves are a much lighter brown with red undersides.

Good luck with this.

Mine are doing great. Had it for about 4 mounths now using tabs and liquid co2. And look amazing

Back
Top Bottom