Terrible day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hecurcia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I killed my precious 2 months angel fish during a water change. He got suck into the siphon and the nylon covering the tube. I removed the nylon sock to give it a wash and saw something hard inside. It was him. Can't believe it. First time this has happened to me. I am usually very cautious and it is very sad since I was planning to buy a new tank just for him when I move out in 3 weeks.

I killed my precious 2 months angel fish during a water change. He got suck into the siphon and the nylon covering the tube. I removed the nylon sock to give it a wash and saw something hard inside. It was him. Can't believe it. First time this has happened to me. I am usually very cautious and it is very sad since I was planning to buy a new tank just for him when I move out in 3 weeks.

I'm so sorry :(. It's always tough losing something you loved & cared for.

Thanks. I should have put a sponge at the end of the siphon instead of a nylon sock. Live and learn . My mom is feeling guilty since she was talking to me non stop about computers while I was cleaning the tank. I am not sure how my nephew will react when I tell him that I killed "zebra". Maybe a new tank and a new angel will cheer him up.

Thanks. I should have put a sponge at the end of the siphon instead of a nylon sock. Live and learn . My mom is feeling guilty since she was talking to me non stop about computers while I was cleaning the tank. I am not sure how my nephew will react when I tell him that I killed "zebra". Maybe a new tank and a new angel will cheer him up.

yeah now you know! awh i feel for you, bet the fish were right cuties! yeah ! remember to say it went to heaven :)

Not sure about heaven since he/she destroyed my baby tears :). I guess a new tank will cheer me up too.

I accidentally killed one of my angels too when I first got a couple. Believe it or not, it was when I was cleaning the side of the tank. I have no idea how it happened.

Yeah. it sucks when you realize that a fish was killed and it is practically too late to save him.

I purchased about four angelfish one morning and made the mistake of not counted them when i put them in the tank....i later seen that after a acclimated them(i lay a net across a bucket and pour the fish in the net and let the bucket catch the water) i found one in the bucket dead as it must have missed the net and i didnt realize it?. Im sry for your loss also it happens to everyone!

Lost a Flying Fox today during a WC, just bought 3 on Thursday. Really, really sucks! Know just how you feel, managed to kill a Zebra Loach once too during a WC. Just nauseating, so sorry it happened to u, too. I always ask my hubby to not distract me during WC s, it s so stressful!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a 2-3 year old bala shark because I forgot to add the water conditioner after doing a water change.

During my first year keeping fish I sucked a pearl danio out of the tank with an open ended hose I felt the jolt and quickly squeezed the other end to stop it. I squashed the fish in the pipe. Tonight I just pulled my 5-6 year old puffer figure 8 dead out of his new spot in the new house. I know exactly how you feel.

yeah now you know! awh i feel for you, bet the fish were right cuties! yeah ! remember to say it went to heaven :)

When I was a kid I had three goldfish that lasted six months, they were buried in the garden in a jumbo size matchbox with a little tissue surround, sounds funny now!

When I was a kid I had three goldfish that lasted six months, they were buried in the garden in a jumbo size matchbox with a little tissue surround, sounds funny now!

Haha. Well, it was just a fish but I am still a bit upset. My nephew demanded me to buy a new angelfish as soon as in yesterday. He is very serious about it as he chose "zebra" two months ago. I am moving on the 23rd and the plan is to get a 29 gallon, transfer some/all fish of a 20 gallon long into this tank. Move around my two bettas and that will leave a 10 gallon tank empty which I would use as a quarantine tank for a new angelfish. The challenge is to convince my nephew that this is a good plan but patient is not yet a virtue of any kid. :)

I had to put down dwarf flame gourami he was not doing well on and off 2 weeks and couldn't stand to see his suffer

I don't have problem euthanizing fish since it is the best for them. I have done it 3 times or four as the fish was just getting too old or they had a broken jaw. But it sucked like hell because my angelfish was doing great. He recovered from being sick (he had ick when I purchased him) and was getting along with my other fish. Like I said, I was planning transferring him to a 29 gallon tank with driftwood and other easy plants. And then, boom, I found him dead trapped on the nylon sock 20 minutes later. Like in a horror movie :).

Back
Top Bottom