tetra fungus guard and plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a school of neon tetras. Then went back today to get more as i was told they do even better in larger schools. Well they proceed to tell me they have detected problems with some of their fish and the neon tetra tank was possibly a problem.

After showing them my receipt that i purchased them the day before they gave me a box of tetra fungus guard. Said it would clear up the problem if infected. It says it clears fungus and bacteria fast. I know i need to remove the carbon before adding. How long before i put the carbon back in? Also, it says it clears bacteria, would this stuff affect my beneficial bacteria? And how will my plants do with it. I have about 10 anubias and java ferns all together.

Also, i researched this stuff and find that it can turn the water green. If that is the case how long does it stay green? Any and all experience with this is appreciated.

60 gallon lightly planted.

Bought a school of neon tetras. Then went back today to get more as i was told they do even better in larger schools. Well they proceed to tell me they have detected problems with some of their fish and the neon tetra tank was possibly a problem.

After showing them my receipt that i purchased them the day before they gave me a box of tetra fungus guard. Said it would clear up the problem if infected. It says it clears fungus and bacteria fast. I know i need to remove the carbon before adding. How long before i put the carbon back in? Also, it says it clears bacteria, would this stuff affect my beneficial bacteria? And how will my plants do with it. I have about 10 anubias and java ferns all together.

Also, i researched this stuff and find that it can turn the water green. If that is the case how long does it stay green? Any and all experience with this is appreciated.

60 gallon lightly planted.

What about jungle fungus clear? Would that be the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom