Thanks & tetra query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dagon

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_7043.jpg

I’ve posted questions a few times and wanted to say thanks for the insight provided by forum members. I also thought I’d share a few picks of my tanks.

The one shown is about 6 months old. The planting needs to mature and I’ve recently been having some algae problems, but I’m pretty happy with how it is going.

I’ve reduced the lighting to circa 5 hrs/day to reduce the algae. It is starting to see some improvement. I’m also using ferts with each change and daily dosing with liquid CO2.

The stock is bentosi tetra (x7) kitty tetra (x7) dainty corys (x12) and shrimp (who seem to be breeding like nobody’s business).

I asked for advice on shrimp compatibility with the bentosi. There were suggestions that the BT would eat them. So far it looks like they are not. If they are taking the babies it is not possible to tell.

My question is about the BT & KT. The KT seem to dominate the tank. The BT keep to the plants and other (numerous) hiding places. They don’t seem to free swim much. They are occasionally chased by the KT even though they are at least 2x the size. The aren’t harmed and seem in v good condition. They come out to eat an compete just fine for food.

The corydoras kept themselves to themselves. Oblivious to the tetras.

Does the hierarchy surprise you?

I’d prefer the BT to be more visible. They are beautiful fish.
IMG_7034.jpg

Any thoughts?

Cheers

D

Back
Top Bottom