The 125 Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaLady

Aquarium Advice Regular
If anyone is interested, I'll be posting pics of my progress with this 125 . I want you guys and gals to guess what happens next. What will I add, what kind of substrate, filters, will the tank crack? Lol (Guesses aren't limited to these choices btw.) This will be like a game and I hope it will be fin...err fun for you!
The tank is already up and running but adding all the pics at the same time is boring!
20141031_152420.jpg

Haha! Fin! That's awesome xD

I am guessing...the filter is going in first, as well as substrate so you can cycle the tank before you get fish!

Heaters and conditioner but what's that in the "background"?
20151117_164927.jpg

Yup, so glad to be a part of it lol. Nope, not plumbing but caves

The reason why a background was made. Yep, got a factory sealed, cracked tank for free! Made a diy stand as well!
20150611_235315.jpg

Factory sealed crack!!!:ermm:

You said this is already filled huh?

I thought this aswell. Planted tanks are generally heavier than normal too due to the thickness of the substrate and rocky hardscapes. You'll be close to 500kg of weight so make sure than stand is perfectly flat or it will crack again ;)

I thought all tanks weighed the same due to displacement...?

I thought all tanks weighed the same due to displacement...?

Never thought of that its a good point. Haha even still 500kg of water is a lot I'd be very careful :) how thick is the glass? My 125 is 20mm thick glass and I still worry about weight haha I guess Im just always worried about the damage it could do

The previous owner had it as a cichlid tank.
received_1116489345044236.jpeg

Him draining it, ready to bring it to me.
received_1116521588374345.jpeg

It's a nice tank! I think if I ever go another planted I'll be looking at doing a 125g aswell. There just a really nice size. I'll be following along to see your progress :)

Sooo it was cracked and repaired on or before the previous owners watch?
How is it repaired? The pictures peek my interest....
6 foot tanks rule!

The guy had a it factory resealed by the manufacturer, he showed me the papers. If I have a problem, leaks, water damage, etc. My goods will get replaced. Idk why they didn't just give him a whole other tank?

Back
Top Bottom